This warranty has been included with a Cary Audio product that is intended to be sold and used only within the United States and Canada. Accordingly, this Warranty only applies to Products which are purchased in the United States or Canada, and only applies while such products are used in the United States or Canada. Products purchased outside the United States or Canada, and failures occurring outside the United States or Canada, are not covered by this Warranty.
Cary Audio Warrants to the Original United States and Canada Purchaser for use in the United States or Canada the Following Cary Audio Products for the Periods Indicated:
- Power Amplifiers, Integrated Amplifiers, Surround Sound Processors, and Preamplifiers have a four (4) year for PLATINUM, two (2) year for GOLD, and one (1) year for SILVER, parts and labor warranty from the date of the original purchase from Cary Audio.
- CD or SACD players, DVD players, Music Servers, or Digital Music Centers have an eighteen (18) month for PLATINUM, twelve (12) month for GOLD, six (6) months for SILVER parts and labor warranty from the date of the original purchase from Cary Audio.
- Vacuum tubes, if any are used in the component, are offered a 90-day exchange policy against defects with the exception of the 300B vacuum tube that has a one (1) year exchange policy from the date of the original purchase from Cary Audio.
Limitations on Non-Cary Audio Provided Services
Certain Cary Audio Products are designed to employ non-Cary Audio provided services (such as, by way of example only, Spotify, Tidal, etc.), some of which require separate customer subscriptions and some of which do not, as part of the Products’ functionality. Because Cary Audio cannot control the providers of such services or the services themselves, the owner of the Product therefore assumes all risks related to the use of services provided by anyone other than Cary Audio itself. Cary Audio cannot and does not warrant against, and shall have no liability of any kind for any of the following that are attributable to non-Cary Audio providers or services: (1) interruption, discontinuance, or other unsatisfactory performance of service, (2) reduced Product functionality that is so attributable, or (3) any other loss or damage of any kind that is so attributable.
What is Covered and What is Not Covered
Except as specified below, this warranty covers parts and labor to correct all defects in materials and workmanship. The following are not covered by the warranty:
- Damage, deterioration, malfunction or failure to meet performance specifications resulting from:
- Accident, acts of nature, misuse, abuse, neglect or unauthorized product modifications
- Improper installation, removal or maintenance, or failure to follow instructions supplied with the product.
- Repair or attempted repair by anyone not authorized by Cary Audio to repair the product.
- Any shipment of the product (claims must be presented to the carrier).
- Any cause other than a product defect.
- Cleaning, initial set-up, check-ups with no defects found, or charges incurred for installation, removal or reinstallation of the product.
- Any product, on which the serial number has been defaced, modified or removed.
- Accessories, including but not limited to, batteries, cables, mounting hardware and brackets, cleaning accessories, antenna and detachable power cords.
- Warranty is void if purchase was made from anyone other than directly from Cary Audio or an authorized Cary Audio dealer.
Who May Enforce the Warranty?
This warranty extends to products purchased directly from Cary Audio or an authorized Cary Audio dealer. Purchasers should inquire of the dealer regarding the nature and extent of the dealer’s warranty, if any.
To obtain such warranty service, the original purchaser must complete and send in the Warranty Registration Card within 15 days of purchase.
What Will We Pay For?
We will pay for all labor and material expenses for items covered by the warranty. Payment of shipping charges is discussed in the next section of this warranty.
How Can You Get Service?
In the event that the owner needs to return the unit to Cary Audio for service or repair of a possible defect, he must follow the following steps:
- Create a new account or login to our Customer Service Center (www.caryaudio.com) to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. Once the account is set up or you have logged in, click on “Open New RMA” to begin entering the information to create an RMA that is needed to return or exchange a product. You will be given an RMA number, which must appear on the label of the box you ship back.
- Submit a copy of the original sales receipt. Blank receipts will not validate the limited warranty for service by Cary Audio. The original sales receipt must contain the following information:
- The authorized Cary Audio dealer’s name
- The date of purchase
- The unit’s sales price
- The buyer’s name and address
- Describe in detail the problem.
- Note the unit’s model number and serial number.
- Deliver by either of these methods:
- With all freight and insurance charges prepaid and in its original packing container or equivalent, ship the component to Cary Audio, 6301 Chapel Hill Road, Raleigh, NC 27607.
- Hand-deliver the product to Cary Audio (address noted above) or the nearest authorized service facility.
Limitation of Implied Warranties
All implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
Exclusion of Damages
Cary Audio’s liability for any defective product is limited to repair or replacement of the product at Cary Audio’s option. Cary Audio shall not be liable for damage to other products caused by any defects in Cary Audio products, damages based upon inconvenience or loss of use of the product or any other damages, whether incidental, consequential, or otherwise.
How State Law Relates to the Warranty
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
International Purchasers (Export Markets)
Cary Audio warrants its merchandise to purchasers within the United States and Canada exclusively for use within the United States or Canada. It provides no other warranties, expressed or implied. If you are living outside of the United States and Canada, please consult your local dealer or distributor to determine the details of your local warranty.