Cary Audio customer, M. Shelton, sent us beautiful photos and details of his home audio system in Pasadena, California featuring our DMS-600 network audio player, SLP-05 preamplifier with the ultimate upgrade, and the CAD-805AE monoblock power amplifiers.
“In 1989, I received my first education of what a HiFi system consists of and what it should sound like. Back then, Lindsey Ward which later became Now Audio Video/Tweeter comes to mind during that time. Unfortunately, the company no longer exists. I was proud to have an educational experience of HiFi Audio for home and car. Over time I’ve gone through countless systems in search of what I feel is HiFi perfection one could have. In the past, I spent some time in North Carolina when working at Duke University. What I call the little mecca of HiFi Audio in the surrounding area of Raleigh/Durham, I was fortunate to receive additional education from one of the cofounders of Cary Audio, Dennis Had. The first item I bought from them was a pair of Soliloquy speakers. At the time I was so impressed that I created a theater setup but focused on two channel audio within the setup. Still searching for warmth within my system as I was still not completely satisfied, I started learning about tube gear. My first tube amplifier I bought and still own to this day were the Cary Audio CAD-805AE (Anniversary Edition) Monoblocks. It definitely was one of the best decisions I have ever made in improving my sound. I later added a tube preamplifier, the Cary SLP-05 with the Ultimate Upgrade. When playing an album from my Clearaudio Reference Turntable with a Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement cartridge, the music was warm, precise and magical. With the Ayre Acoustics P-5XE phono preamplifier, I don’t experience any negative feedback throughout my system. My HiFi system is connected with Straightwire crescendo/ serenade cables which helps bring all of the magic together. All I can say is wow! This is what music is supposed to sound like. Transparency, warmth, neutral, and precise. What synergy!!! I later added the Cary Audio DMS-600 DAC/streamer that plays Tidal (Hi-Res and MQA) and Qobuz (Hi-Res) to name a few. You want to talk about Hi Resolution sound from streaming, especially connecting the Roon Nucleus to the unit. You may have noticed the Magnepan .7 speakers connected to the Cary Monoblocks. All I can say is that the results are astonishing. So clean and warm with no noticeable negative feedback reported. I’ve literally landed in heaven when it comes to listening to music with my setup. If one could be a fly on my wall to understand what I’m experiencing, their results would be exotic. Thanks to Cary Audio for building one heck of a product line.”
In my system, my components are:
- Cary Audio SLP-05 preamplifier with the Ultimate Upgrade and tubes
- Cary Audio CAD-805AE (Anniversary Edition) Monoblock Amplifiers
- Cary Audio DMS-600 DAC/Streamer (can stream Tidal MQA & Qobuz)
- Audioquest Vodka Ethernet Cables
- Magnepan .7 Speakers
- 2 Martin Logan Balancedforce 210 Subwoofers
- Sony SCD1 SACD Player
- Clearaudio Reference Turntable with Tangential Tonearm
- Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement Cartridge with Diamond Stylus Tip
- Ayre Acoustics P-5XE Phono Stage Preamplifier
- Straightwire Crescendo & Serenade Cables (XLR’s, RCA’s, & Speaker Cable)
- Richard Gray’s Power Company RGPC 1200 C
- PS Audio P600 Line Conditioner
- Roon Nucleus Music Server
- Wadia 170I Transport Digital Out IPod Docking Station
- Salamander Cabinet and Amplifier Stands
- ShopPOPdisplays Acrylic Covers for the Cary Audio Amplifier
If you are located in the United States and Canada, you can purchase direct from our factory on CaryDirect.
If you are located outside the United States and Canada, please contact your local Dealer/Distributor to purchase.